To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.
|Requisition ID:||OPT002||Location:||West Yorkshire|
Optalysys is developing optical systems to meet the demand for ever more powerful and efficient computing platforms. We are creating systems based on optical processing technology that enable significant increases in processing speed for specific tasks, while using a fraction of the energy. We aspire to build a device that will provide nearly 200x the processing capability using 1/6000th of the energy in comparison to the current fastest high performance computer.
The first application of this technology is a genetic sequence alignment coprocessor to be released at the end of 2017. However, we are also exploring – in the context of a number of research projects with international partners – applications of this technology to numerical scientific computing, where this role would focus.
We are seeking an experienced project manager to oversee these projects. He/she must be capable of working within a small team in a dynamic and engaging start-up company.
- Strong project management skills and experience.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and interdependencies between projects including resource management, risks and issue tracking and deliverables.
- Partner relationship management experience.
- Bachelors degree or higher.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively across geographically displaced teams.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Technical expertise in the hardware, software or technical services industry.
- Prince 2 or equivalent qualification.
- Experience submitting project grant applications
- Project manager for Optalysys’s new genome sequence alignment system (GENESYS) project in collaboration with the Earlham Institute.
- Project manager for the commercialisation of the GENESYS product.
- Project manager for other projects as required.
- Organising the various professional people working on a project.
- Carrying out risk assessments and maintaining a risk register.
- Making sure that all the aims of each project are met.
- Making sure that quality standards are met.
- Using IT systems to keep track of people and progress.
- Recruiting specialists and sub-contractors.
- Monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained.
- Overseeing the project accounting, costing and billing.
- Project managing a compliance and governance framework.
- Reporting project progress to stakeholders (internal and external).
- Writing project grant applications and coordinating input/review from others as required.
- Some travel may be required.