Deep Learning Engineer - Job Specification
Optalysys is developing optical computing technology which performs Fourier transform-based operations at resolutions and speeds beyond the capabilities of conventional processors, whilst consuming only a fraction of the equivalent electricity.
The primary application of the technology is an optical implementation of an image-based deep learning system known as a Convolutional Neural Network (CNN). The optical system provides the convolution, pooling and nonlinear functions that form the convolutional layer of a multi-layer CNN. Early implementation has demonstrated the validity of the concept and we are now seeking to establish a team of Deep Learning experts to work with the other technical teams within Optalysys to create the first solutions.
Deep Learning Engineers are required to aid in the optimisation of models and develop efficient methods that utilise the features and advantages of the optical functions. Candidates must be willing to support the development of new techniques based on existing deep learning approaches and be capable of developing within a small dynamic team. Preferably they must be competent in Python, C++ and have experience using Tensorflow and the other major Deep Learning frameworks.
Crucial to the role will be the development focus towards specific Deep Learning requirements, likely to be in autonomous vehicles, medical image analysis and/or other demanding image-based applications.
Positions are based at our U.K. Headquarters in Yorkshire and at our U.S. subsidiary in Reno, Nevada, USA.
• Experience in developing optimal Deep Learning models.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to work with other technical teams to develop a suite of products and solutions.
• Python, C++ and/or R programming experience.
• Experience working with Tensorflow and other major Deep Learning frameworks.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and effectively across geographically displaced teams.
• Creative thinker, analytical and problem solver.
• Enthusiasm and ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, changing environment.
• Bachelors degree or higher.
• Positions are based in the U.K. Yorkshire office and at our U.S. subsidiary in Reno, Nevada, USA. Candidates must have permission to work in the U.K. or U.S. respectively at the time of starting their employment.
• Some travel may be required.
• Masters qualification in a relevant field for Deep Learning.
• Experience with conventional and alternative computer processing hardware.
• Startup experience.
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.